The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'll Give You a Trophy to Look at My Wiener

This Thursday, May 26, see the Wiener Philharmonic perform a partial sneak preview of our upcoming sketch/video show, "Wish You Were Here," which will run every Thursday in June at 9:30 at Juvie Hall on Bond Street.

Bonus: we're splitting the bill with our long-time sketch crush Trophy Dad.

The Kraine Theater (above KGB Bar), 85 East 4th Street off 2nd Ave., 10:30 p.m., $7

  • "Delightfully sophomoric!" -- Choire Sicha, New York Times Arts Guide
  • "I [love the Wiener Philharmonic] -- Norman Mailer
  • "Waaah!" -- babies

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choire Sicha is a moron.

6:07 PM, May 31, 2005  
Anonymous Norman Mailer said...

But I am a literary giant.

12:36 AM, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home