The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Monday, October 24, 2005

JLL69's Best Week Ever

As I sit in my windowsill in a chiffonaded nightgown, completing the 2,647th stroke of a natural-bristle brush down my silky locks...

... I'm filled with giddy anticipation for a week that promises to be chronic.

a) Frank is back from vacation with a buttery tan and beaded cornrows, ready to take on the city with fresh verve.

The locals in Jamaica LOVE beading tourists' hair! Almost as much as they love sieving "floaters" from the baby pool.

b) Tomorrow I'm reading at the WYSIWYG Talent Show at PS122, along with some talented peeps. It's a Halloween show, and I promise you this: a 1996 Glamourshot of Yours Truly Insane, looking like a Brighton Beach madame who fell face down in a hot-pink blush quarry.

Click on the above link for more info / to get tickets in advance (recommended).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Dear Columbia University,

I'd like to thank you for, out of all of the University Network ID's out there-- which for most people seemed to be their initials followed by year of graduation, as in jnd2003, you, for some reason, had the foresight, acumen, and good taste, to make my official amdinistrative ID, for years and years, "jll69." For that, I can only say, thank you. If it matters at all, I always thought of you as "CU420".

3:27 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger styrofoamtuna said...

If I didn't know better, I would say you are the finest blogger I have had the pleasure to come across. Congrats on your massive publicity, and may I say, there are many millions who appreciate and love what you have done. Good work, jll69!

7:58 PM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home