The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Strappin' on my tap shoes and whippin' out my cane

I'll post a reminder closer to show date, but if you'd like to see me do a scaaaaaary Halloween storytelling in a lineup of mofos that should prove, in my newly adopted argot of compulsive truncation, "totes hilare," the date is October 25, the place is P.S. 122 and the dress code?

1950's aviator.

Performers at the October WYSIWYG Talent Show:

Ed Hamilton

Liam McEneaney

Rachael Parenta

Chris Trent

And me.

Musical performance by
Chris Alonzo and
his band Ghost Runner

Frank, I only hope you take this opportunity to come and pelt me with leftover Kobe carpaccio and rotten heirloom sunchokes.

After all, I'm always hungry!

3 Comments:

Blogger P/O said...

where did you get that picture of me?!?!

btw, a frank bruni blog: love it!

4:23 PM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Chris from Bottrop be there please?

PS what is your "type the characters you see above" verification test trying to tell me with "ANGRI"?

2:21 PM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's this week's bitch slap of the Bruni review of Sette? Please post A.S.A.P.

8:34 PM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home