The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

What what? The Bruni Digest is nominated for Best Humor Blog in the Accidental Hedonist's annual Food Blog Awards.

To express who YOU truly believe is the prettiest princess in funny foodblog land, vote here

"Aw, yeeeah. That Korean photojournalits wants it!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on, give us the aaron sanchez and his mom review smackdown already, puleez?!

12:09 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger BADGE said...

I sure hope you win. I voted for ya.

2:29 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

you got my vote!

4:19 PM, January 07, 2006  
Anonymous Plainsman said...

So did I.

While the whole Oedipal thread in this week's twofer Mexican review is a pretty tempting target, I would still respect you if you decided to take a pass this week. Bruni just wasn't all that mockable, and the world is a few degrees colder as a result.

Feel free to riff again on random pics of cute baby animals or something. (I was in tears by the end of that one.)

PS: Can we all agree that Bruni has been scared off of reviewing serious (i.e., potential 3-4 star) restaurants? I mean, I'm not a New Yorker, but, when was the last time the Times reviewed Jean-Georges -- wasn't it back in, like, the Street Fighter II era? Family drama aside, why do we care enough about these two, seemingly fairly standard, one-star and no-star Mexican joints to spend a main page review on them?

7:47 PM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home