The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Being an assclown-- off the page.

"Where Barbounia at, ho?!" You demand angrily. "Get on it!"

And I will, as I hypothetically had you say, "get on it," asap, but I've been a little distracted. My sketch comedy group, the Wiener Philharmonic, has a new show opening tomorrow at the People's Improv Theater in Chelsea.

DOODY CALLS
8:00 pm
Fridays through February
People's Improv Theater (the PIT)
154 W 29th Street, between 6th and 7th

Get tix and learn more about us here.

Despite the title, this is not a gross show about poopie; it's an uncompromising, poignant interrogation into poopie. No it's not. But I promise, it's hilarious. And written by Jon Friedman (the Rejection Show), who is adorable. And if you don't support things that are adorable, well...


...quite frankly, you're racist.

So check us out!

Frank's review ofBarbounia (or as I like to say, Barboobs), in all its haremy, ass-comforting luxe, will be duly addressed tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger arnheim Lieber said...

Assclown..that was used in Office Space when Micheal Bolton refered to Micheal Bolton as a no-talent assclown...then, (I'm gonna be a real nerd here) he talks about how Mike Judge didn't write that line but he let him use it in the movie!

5:06 PM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Deni said...

Pssst. Jules. Not to be a noodge, but it's tomorrow already...wherebe the review?
I'm in the throes of Bruni 'gest withdrawal here, have mercy!

6:00 PM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Deni said...

Psst. Jules. Not to be a noodge, but it's tomorrow already. Wherebe the review?
I'm in the throes of Bruni'gest withdrawal here...

6:03 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

Hope the show's going great!!
how could it knot? You're too funny.

maybe having tomorrow come and gone your silence is all you have to say about Frank's column this week?

12:00 AM, February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jules,
i think it is time the NY Times put you and bruni together to spice it up alittle. like statler and walden, my favourite muppets.
all the best,
ariane

4:25 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home