The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Catch me this Saturday talking about Bruni's "My Week as a Waiter" escapade on Leftovers with Mike Salmon on Air America 1190 WLIB. The show starts at 3 and I should be on around 3:15. Mike and his co-host, Joe, have had me on a few times before; they're great guys and a lot of fun. And you can finally settle that bet about whether I'm an earth-rattling baritone.


Answer: OBVIE.

You may recall--pause while I demurely brush my nails on my lapel-- that I broke the story the day before it hit the stands, thanks to a tipster from the East Coast Grill who had waitered alongside Frank. So I'll let you know his side of the story.

And as usual, I'll be performing uber-nutso sketch comedy tonight and every Friday at 8:00 at the People's Improv Theater with my sketch group, The Wiener Philharmonic. The New York Times called us "delightfully sophomoric." My sister calls us "like, creative bohemians." You can, like, be the judge.

UPDATE:
The guys ran late on this past week's show, so I'll be on next week instead. Meanwhile, check out this column by Pete Wells in the March issue of Food & Wine. It make-a me blush!

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

good luck with the radio show.
I know it'll be great.

good to know your Bruni deep throat came through!

4:43 PM, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Deep Throat said...

The servers at the ECG can't wait to hear your slice of the story.

10:00 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Elle Daley said...

"A joyous Snoopy dance." Awesome.

I see Frank, obviously in a bid to write more words than you can mock, has started a blog . . .

11:25 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger S said...

Been lurking since the AP story came out.

Now I'm an addict (and I've never even been to New York).

Keep it up. The laughter is good for my cardiovascular system -- and easier to sneak in at work than a bottle of red wine.

11:46 AM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home