The Bruni Digest

In which I sit on a dirt mound somewhere in Brooklyn with my ears pricked, waiting for New York Times head restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who I imagine to be a Venetian count in a huge ruffled collar, to dole out stars from the inside breast pocket of his brocaded chamber robe. This blog is predicated on the suggestion that every Wednesday, in the Times Dining Out section, Frank lays a huge faberge egg of hilarity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, U.S. Outlying Islands

I am fiscally irresponsible, which means I have weak bones and a dorsal fin. And a penchant for dining out, even though I am, in the words of many rich people, a "poor people". I make a different face when speaking each of the foreign languages in which I am shittily proficient.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

In the words of Dag Hammerskjold, "Peace Out, My N's!"

As long as Frank is spinning his crazy gold high in the turrets of the Dining Times, I will be the Rumplestiltsken drinking moonshine from a boot outside his castle and not knowing my own name. But beginning this summer, I'll be doing it from Chicago, instead of New York. My leaving town is a great excuse to host a comedy show with some of my favorite performers. Be you a one-time reader of the Bruni Digest, a loyal fan, or some pervert who googled "pussy" and landed on a Cats! image, please come check out the show, have a couple laughs and see me in my element, i.e., holding a tumbler and air-humping.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Steven L said...

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside - come inside!
I want to go, but alas, cannot. I can only hope there be a broadcast or DVD of same.

10:47 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Queen Art-o-Eat said...

Dear Jules-
Have a great summer in chi-town!
I have just started a blog and have suggested readers to check out your Bruni Blog-
I think it's great!
Regards,
Queen Art-o-Eat
artoeat.blogspot.com

12:53 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Jules said...

Thank you!

But one thing: I'm moving to Chi-town permanently!!! That's why my departure merits such an insane farewell hootinanny (sp?)

1:00 PM, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jules:

You do realize that you are moving to a culinary backwater of a city that has just outlawed foie gras. What would Frank say!

5:23 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Jules said...

Thankfully, I'll be in grad school, so shit-clawing penury would have ripped the foie out of my hands if litigation hadn't. That said, I think we can all agree that Chicago city hall made what Britney Spears would call a big "booboo."

2:04 PM, June 24, 2006  
Anonymous sara said...

so excited for this show. but not excited for you to leave me. I have decided to do a Dag Hammerskjold reading/interpretive dance at the show. Sound good?

10:13 AM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home